Sunday, September 18, 2022

Violet Evergarden The Movie, 2nd anniversary

Today is the 2nd anniversary of Violet Evergarden The Movie, which was released in Japan on 18 September 2020. I caught it on the day it opened in the theatres, and went back many, many times after that. At 14 viewings on a big screen, it is the movie that I have watched the most in a theatre, and will likely remains so for the rest of my life.
 


Since then, I have worked on translating some of the short stories, and even wrote apps to translate to and from Tellsis, the language used in the series. (Links at end of post.) This series has really changed my life.

My tweets to mark this day.
 
春も夏も秋も冬も、いくつも季節が過ぎましたが、続編の季節だけ巡ってきません。
Spring, summer, autumn, and winter. Many seasons have passed, but I am still waiting for a sequel.
 
My overall thoughts on Violet Evergarden The Movie.

Events:
 
Translations of short stories:
Gilbert Bougainvillea and the Fleeting Dream (unofficial translation of "ギルベルト・ブーゲンビリアと儚い夢")
The Starry Night and the Lonely Two (unofficial translation of 星降りの夜とさみしいふたり)
Diethard Bougainvillea's If (unofficial translation of ディートフリート・ブーゲンビリアIf) 
The Tailor and the Auto-Memories Doll (unofficial translation of 仕立て屋と自動手記人形)
 
Insights on the movie:
 
Audio commentary notes:

 
All posts related to Violet Evergarden.


No comments: