Friday, December 04, 2020

Letter of appreciation from Violet Evergarden's author Akatsuki Kana

This is the letter from author Akatsuki Kana to fans, a part of which was read out during the recent talk event.


I have taken the liberty to translate it into English for fans.
---------------------------------------------------
Thank you for watching Violet Evergarden the Movie.
C.H. Postal Company will be delivering this letter after it is sealed. I hope it arrives safely. It is snowing now in this northern part of the world, and I am worried the letter may get wet and cannot be read. Still, it is an experienced postman that I am handing this letter to, so things should be fine.

I am surprised to hear that so many people have been watching the movie. I am really happy. Thank you! It seems that this movie has become a part of the viewers' lives.

Watching a movie is an experience and takes up the precious time of viewers. Traveling to a cinema, and watching the names of the production staff on the credit roll. It may be easy to write with words, but it is actually not that simple.

And for it to be a long running hit, this can only be achieved by the chain reaction of viewers. It is a miracle that only happens after viewers gradually spread the word around, telling others "It was a good movie" and "Watch it and tell me what you think."

Thank you for this chain of kindness. I offer my utmost gratitude to you...

... Sorry, I really want to write more words of appreciation, but the postman from C.H. Postal Company is looking over my shoulder at the letter while he waits.
... He just told me it is almost time and I need to seal the letter. He is impatient and I want to let him go back on time, so I shall end the letter here.

But just one final word. I hope the wonderful moment that happened to Violet will also occur in your life.

Sincerely,
Akatsuki Kana

No comments: