Saturday, November 21, 2009

Parenting boot camp - Day 5

Day 5, the last day of boot camp (weekends don't count, since I help to take care of the baby on weekends anyway, so it is not out of the norm). I survived yet another day.

The baby loves to take a poo whenever he is having his meals. Guess with his little body, for something to go in, something needs to come out. With him eating solid food now, his poo smells different too (it is much more smelly now...)

He is a very good boy, though. If he wakes up and the rest of us are still sleeping, he doesn't cry to get our attention. Instead, he hangs around in bed, looking at his sleeping parents, or sometimes wanders off the bed and crawls around the bedroom while waiting for us to wake up.

It has been a very tiring 5 days, much more tiring compared to working, since I am not used to the rhythm that the baby follows. I am really appreciative of what my wife has been going through (and will continue to go through) taking care of the baby, seeing to his needs, working her schedule around his.

Just hope no permanent damage was done to the back from all the carrying... if I grow old with backache, at least I know who to look for to claim medical fees...

No comments: