Sunday, November 22, 2009

Fedora 12 installed!

I finally managed to finish installing Fedora 12 on my old laptop, with all the additional packages that I wanted. Took quite some time to download the packages from the Internet (because my old laptop's DVD drive is sort of old and cannot read the installation DVD or CDs well) but managed to get through it all.

The next challenge is to install Fedora 12 on my desktop, currently running Windows Vista. I am thinking of setting up a dual boot system (Vista and Fedora 12), but the current harddisk has only 60GB of free space left. I am wondering whether I should get a new harddisk and install Fedora 12 on the new harddisk (problem is whether Fedora can boot with the boot loader on one harddisk, while the rest of the files reside on another harddisk), or to install it now on the current harddisk (and subsequently get a new harddisk for data).

Whatever it is, I need to do some housekeeping for the desktop (archive files onto DVD/CD) so that's what going to be keeping me busy. Meanwhile, I am open to suggestions and advice on the two options above.

No comments: