Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Parenting boot camp - Day 2

Day 2. I survived. Yet another day. And it wasn't as bad, since I have gotten my footing, though I am still a long way off. Getting better at seeing to the baby's needs, but he still prefers his mother (of course) though I can manage to calm him better now.

He is a テレビっ子 (terebikko, someone who loves watching TV). Loves sitting in front of the TV, even though I am quite sure he doesn't understand anything that is going on, or what is being said (the shows here are in English and some in Mandarin, which he doesn't understand since the language being spoken at home is Japanese). But still, the TV draws his attention (for some time) so it helps to keep him occupied and quiet and happy. Which makes me happy too.

Wish me luck for the rest of the week ahead!

No comments: