Thursday, December 17, 2020

Man charged with murder over 2019 Kyoto anime studio arson attack

The man who set fire to Kyoto Animation's 1st Studio has been officially charged with murder (and attempted murder and arson). While this is not going to bring back the dead, I hope it helps the families and injured to find some form of closure, if that is even possible.
 
Below is one of the news reports on this:

I mentioned this when I first watched Violet Evergarden the Movie. Director Yasuhiro Takemoto was one of the names listed in the credits of the movie as a supporting staff. I think many of the 36 who died in the fire were also involved in the movie's production in one way or another, since KyoAni is not a very big production studio. Let me see if I can spot any of their names tonight.

(Note: I originally listed the names at the end of this post, but it did not seem fitting so I move them to a separate post.)

Update 12 May 2023: The dates for the trial have been set.
5 September 2023: First hearing + 9 more session
October 2023: 10 sessions
November 2023: 6 sessions
13 December 2023: Final hearing + 4 sessions before that
25 January 2024: Verdict

No comments: