Thursday, April 25, 2024

Two down, hurray!

Finally finished my piece for submission to the other exhibition. This one is known as 産経国際書展 or Sankei International "Sho" Exhibition. It is another major calligraphy exhibition in Japan, with the main exhibition being in Tokyo plus several regional exhibitions too.

I can't share the piece I am submitting here, but if it gets chosen, I will share it as a separate post in August (when the exhibition takes place). But here is a glimpse of one of the practice pieces.

And here is the rubbish generated in two weeks. Actually, there is a lot more rubbish, but I kept the candidates out of the trash, for now. So that's about 100 sheets for the trash.

And here are the keepsakes, which I keep because I wrote them a while ago, exploring how different combinations of inks, brushes, and papers.
 
I also make it a practice to keep the "finalists" too.
 
The next exhibition will be my calligraphy association's own internal exhibition at the end of the year. I still haven't decided what to write yet, but there are a few candidates in mind already. Meanwhile, for the next few months, I will probably be exploring different styles.

No comments: