Wednesday, April 10, 2024

One down, one more to go

I sent out my submission for one of the upcoming exhibitions today (Mainichi Shodo Exhibition). This is a nationwide exhibition in Japan, with a rejection rate of around 50%. It is the first time I am submitting for this and I really have no confidence. But I promised my teacher that I would try for this, so here I am, after months of practising and preparing.
 
The actual deadline is next month, but I am submitting through my calligraphy association (they help to submit in bulk plus handle other admin stuff so it helps for a newbie like me) and the association has set the deadline as next week. So I thought I would just mail out my submission today so that I can meet the deadline.

Just an example, this is the amount of trash generated from about 2 weeks of practice. Actually, there should be more, but I always keep some used paper around in case I need to soak up ink or something. I also kept some of the better candidates as a memento, which I will probably throw away sometime in the future...

Keeping my fingers crossed. 🤞
Wish me luck! 🙏

No comments: