Monday, November 15, 2021

Getting a used Dell Poweredge R320 server

I don't know if this was a good idea... but one of the reasons I extended the home network was because... I bought a used Dell Poweredge R320 server on Yahoo Auctions.

I have no experience with such servers. No experience with Xeon CPUs. No experience with RAID. And rack servers are known to be loud. Like, really loud. I don't even have a rack for such servers to keep them, and obviously, no temperature-controlled room except when I turn on the air conditioning for myself.
 
How can this even be a good idea?

Sigh... that impulsive click on "Bid"...

Anyway, this is what it is supposed to look like... I will know when it actually gets delivered in a few days' time.
【埼玉発】★【DELL】PowerEdge R320 Xeon E5-2430L@2.0Ghz/ 16GB RAM/ 2TB HDD (3-133)_画像1

Specs:
Intel Xeon E5-2430L (single)
16 GB RAM (single stick of DDR3 1333MHz)
2 TB HDD (used)
DVD-RW drive
PERC H310 Mini RAID controller

No comments: