Thursday, November 19, 2020

Violet Evergarden bunkobon book cover

I realised I don't have a lot of bunkobon book covers, so I decided to make some of my own. The size is essentially A6, so a sheet of A4 paper is more than adequate to form a cover.

And what better way then to make a Violet Evergarden-themed book cover of my own?

For the illustrations, I used what I could find on the official movie site, anime series site, and Twitter account.

Then, it was just a matter of selecting the illustrations, placing them on a PowerPoint presentation sized to A4. Finally, I placed a 50% transparent white box over the illustrations to tone down the colours, making it easier to print and also less eye-catching. Saves ink too! 😅

And here is the result, wrapped around volume 1 of the Violet Evergarden light novel.



I think it turned out quite nice. Maybe I should make a few more with different designs. After all, there are four volumes to the light novel series. 😅

My review of Violet Evergarden the Movie (2020) can be found here.

No comments: