Monday, December 08, 2008

Recycling - Envelopes

Back in my school days, a friend of mine was very environmentally conscious, and it got me to think about recycling as well. So I started to reuse paper, print on both sides, etc. But my wife is even more environmentally conscious. As much as possible, we try not to waste anything. Recently, she has this bright idea to reuse envelopes, given that we receive so much junk mail from banks and property agents. What she did was to take those envelopes, invert them and stick them back together so that the clean, unwritten inside is now on the outside. And not just envelopes. She took our old calendar and folded envelopes out of them (the brown envelopes you see above).

Now, why do I need so many envelopes? That's because I need to send my calligraphy pieces to Japan for my calligraphy teacher to mark.

No comments: