Monday, September 29, 2008

Singapore Grand Prix 2008

Today is the actual race of the Singapore Grand Prix, the first Formula One night race.

I won't say I am a F1 fan, or rather, I used to love watching F1 races on TV back when I was a kid. Back then, F1 races were shown on Saturday afternoons, and it was MacClaren Honda, not Mercedes. Nowadays, I don't even know how Raikonnen or Hamilton looks like. But since it is the big event happening in Singapore, I decided to watch it on TV like every other obedient Singaporean.

So Alonso won the race. And it goes to show just how unpredictable life can be. A fellow teammate's crash became an opportunity to be exploited. By a chain of human errors, the leading man came in at the bottom.

And even though this is not boxing, but just like boxing, things happen fast, decisions need to be made in split-seconds, and a small lapse in concentration can cause you to lose control, get hurt and lose the competition.

The official Singapore Grand Prix site

No comments: