Friday, September 12, 2008

Remembering September 11

I still remember this day 7 years ago. I was in Japan and had a late night meeting. Just prior to the meeting, a colleague came in and said that a plane had crashed into the World Trade Center. We thought nothing more of that as the meeting carried on.

After the meeting, I turned on the television, and saw reports on the crash. And then, images of a smoking Pentagon came in. And next was a scene showing another aircraft crashing into the second tower at the World Trade Center. That's when I thought, "Oh my god!"

I quickly called my American friend (he was staying in Japan at the time) and told him to "turn on the news, it is on every channel".

I guess this day, 7 years ago, taught us that we must be ready for disasters, man-made or natural.

No comments: