Sunday, October 21, 2007

Apple IIe

I wonder if many of those my age or younger will even have seen one of these before.

It is the Apple IIe computer. And I must admit that I have seen one, even touched and used one, before. By then, it was already obsolete, way beyond its time, but it still booted up and ran.

Before that, the Apple IIe was something that I read about in books. And before I got my own PC, I used to read about computers, borrowing books from the library on this subject. Many books in the past were written about how to use the Apple IIe, and how to even write your own programs and games that will run on the Apple IIe (and other Apple IIs).

But by the time I got to see this computer, many years had passed since I read those books, and I had gotten used to the IBM PCs, so I really wasn't able to figure out what to do with it. In the end, it sat there in a corner, just like it had for years before, collecting dust.

No comments: