Saturday, September 29, 2007

A small gesture

It never occurred to me how much it meant.

There was once, when in the middle of an official function, my colleague (who was part of the working party with me) started to feel faint. I offered to drive him to the hospital, where he went to see a doctor in A&E. Once he got to A&E and had a queue number, I left, even before his family arrived.

It was only recently, when I happened to meet him again, that he mentioned how much it meant to him. Apparently, he didn't know that he had high blood pressure until that day. In fact, things could have been a lot worse if he did not go to the hospital that day. Ever since that day, he has become more conscious about his health. He thanked me for saving his life.

All I did was send him to the hospital. A very small gesture on my part for a colleague. Yet it meant so much more to him.

No comments: