Sunday, March 18, 2007

My fat goldfish

In 2005, I started to rear goldfish at home. What we did was get a small aquarium set, which comes with an air pump and the plastic aquarium itself, and bought a lot of small goldfish. Most of them did not survive, actually. When we bought them, they were like 1-2cm long each, still very small. Out of 20, less than 10 survived past the first 2 weeks.

Now, some of the goldfish have been transferred to a larger place, and only four remain in the same tank. And of those which survived past the first 2 weeks, the smallest goldfish back then is now the FATTEST of the four in the tank. See the picture (also found at my wife's blog) below.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! I'm also a fan of aquaria but have yet to get back into the hobby. Soon, I'll have my old saltwater coral reef tank up and running!

Goldfish are messy fellas! Gotta love that gravel vac ;)

Teck said...

I also had a baby koi in the fish tank, but once it grew to about 10cm, I transferred it from the tank to the pond. As for goldfish, they are quite okay, just need to wash the tank (and the gravel) every once in a while.