Sunday, March 18, 2007

Japanese drums performance

I went to see a Japanese drums performance today with my wife. For my thoughts on Japanese drums and taiji, you can read my post in my taiji blog. The performance was held at Yio Chu Kang Community Club. The performers from the CC put up a good show, showcasing the results of their practice (usually once or twice a week). I was amazed that they could put up such a show, given the limited practice time they have.

And of course, the climax was the performance by drummers from the Japanese Association. These people are Japanese living in Singapore. Some of them probably have been learning Japanese drums since young, which probably means they are years ahead of our local performers. Their standard was of course superb. If you ever have a chance to go to their performance, don't miss it! Besides being an audio enjoyment, they also make Japanese drums a visual enjoyment.

No comments: