Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Underwood Standard Portable 4 Bank typewriter

In the Violet Evergarden anime series, Violet's typewriter, which she carries around on her journeys, is based on the Underwood Standard Portable 4 Bank typewriter. This is a typewriter model that was launched about 100 years ago, and today, they are antiques and hard to find. Working models are hard to find, and it is even harder to find one in good condition.

So I was indeed fortunate that someone on the Violet Evergarden Discord channel offered to trade me one of the typewriters he restored in exchange for one of my calligraphy pieces (from this post). I felt honoured that someone valued my work, and happy that I could own a working model, in good condition, of a typewriter that my favourite anime character has.
 
It even came with an extra spool of ink, and a small 3D printed model of the typewriter.

Thank you (you know who you are) for the amazing offer!

My overall thoughts on Violet Evergarden The Movie

Events:
 
Translations of short stories:
Gilbert Bougainvillea and the Fleeting Dream (unofficial translation of "ギルベルト・ブーゲンビリアと儚い夢")
The Starry Night and the Lonely Two (unofficial translation of 星降りの夜とさみしいふたり)
Diethard Bougainvillea's If (unofficial translation of ディートフリート・ブーゲンビリアIf) 
The Tailor and the Auto-Memories Doll (unofficial translation of 仕立て屋と自動手記人形)
 
Tellsis (Nunkish) translation:
Last line of Violet's final letter to Gilbert
 
Insights on the movie:
 
Audio commentary notes:


 
All posts related to Violet Evergarden.

No comments: