Thursday, June 20, 2024

Notification from Mainichi Shodo Exhibition

This came in the mail today.

Apparently, the piece I submitted was selected for the Mainichi Shodo Exhibition.

This is a nationwide exhibition in Japan, with a rejection rate of around 50%, and I wasn't very confident. But I did promise my teacher that I would try, and I did. So I am really happy that I managed to keep my promise.

I will be going to see the exhibition in July, and will post a photo of the actual piece after I do so.

Update 26 June 2024: I found a video on YouTube that showed how they carried out the selection process for this exhibition.

Update 4 July 2024: As my work was selected but did not win any prize/award, it will be on display at Tokyo Metropolitan Art Museum from 18 to 24 July 2024. (Works that have been given prizes/awards will be displayed at The National Art Center, Tokyo from 10 July to 4 August 2024, with different categories being only display each week.)

No comments: