Sunday, June 09, 2024

A way to hang calligraphy brushes

Calligraphy brushes should be hung up to dry. I needed something to hang my calligraphy brushes, so I decided to make my own.

The basic idea: Get a piece of wood, add hooks to it.

So I went to Daiso, got myself two pieces of wood, and some S hooks. With a bit of drilling, I made these.

Two larger S hooks are attached to the end of each piece of wood so that I can hang it on my curtain rail. Smaller S hooks are pushed through holes drilled in the wood for hanging the brushes. I hang them at one end of a curtain rail, and they are really convenient. But only if you are tall... of course, the height can be lowered too, if necessary, by stringing together a chain of S hooks.

Note: These hangars were made in September 2023, and today, the hangars are more densely populated. 😅

No comments: