Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Watching Suzume again (6th time)

A month has passed since I last watched Suzume, so I thought I would go watch it again today.

Two things that I thought I would write about this time.

1. When Suzume first went to the deserted hot spring town, there was a barrier that blocked the path to the town. She jumped over it like a hurdle. The second time when she went back, that barrier had been moved to the side of the path, most likely by Sota.
2. When Suzume brought Sota back home to administer first aid, there was a scene showing high heels thrown out of their shoe boxes. These shoes were not in Suzume's room, implying that they belong to her aunt Tamaki. They were probably bought by Tamaki but she never had a chance to actually wear them, since she spent her time taking care of Suzume instead of dating and partying. More about Tamaki can be found by reading Suzume—Tamaki’s Story (unofficial translation of 小説すずめの戸締まり~環さんのものがたり~),a short story written by Shinkai Makoto and handed out to movie-goers in Japan.

I will probably catch Suzume again, I am quite sure...

No comments: