Sunday, May 16, 2021

Visit to Samukawa Jinja

I made a trip to Samukawa Jinja (link to Wikipedia entry) today. It is one of the most famous shrines in the region, and is said to have a history of 1,600 years.
 
A stone torii gate marks the entrance to the shrine's grounds.


The main shrine building itself has a huge courtyard in front of it. This place is probably filled with people on festive days like the New Year, but it was quite quiet today.

There is something like an astrolabe too.


I got myself a lucky charm for display in the house and another for traffic safety.

And dropped by the nearby Komeda Coffee for a cup of black coffee before heading home.

It is not that far from where I stay, so I guess I will be back again when I need some serenity and divine protection. 😀

No comments: