Sunday, July 05, 2020

Domestic Girlfriend is epic trashy

I told myself I would not watch Domestic Girlfriend, but ended up being drawn by how trashy it was said to be. I mean, is it really that bad? A super dumpster fire? It can't be that bad, right?

If you think the anime was trashy... the manga is probably epic trash. This YouTube video I found expresses it perfectly.


From the perspective of the protagonist(s)'s daughter... it will be like:
"My dad married my aunt (sister of my mum), who is also my step-aunt since my aunt is the step-sister of my dad. That also means my mum is my step-aunt since she is the step-sister of my dad. But my dad is also my step-uncle since he is the step-brother of my mum. And my aunt who is also my step-aunt is also my step-mum since she is the wife of my dad who is also my step-uncle."
This kid is going to grow up so confused...

But it is this impossible relation that somehow draws people to this series, I guess. People continue to watch/read to see how impossible it can get. I mean, if you start a series with a guy who is infatuated with his teacher who became his elder step-sister and loses his virginity to a girl who became his younger step-sister (which means teacher and girl are sisters by blood)... things can only get more and more impossible from there. It then becomes a contest between viewer/reader and author: amaze me.

Looking forward to something proper from Kyoto Animation soon to rescue me from further trashy stuff.

No comments: