Tuesday, December 17, 2019

First manual mesh bed leveling in months

It has been a while, but I did a manual mesh bed level today because I had some issues with prints lately. With the MRR ESPE, which supports a LCD controller, doing manual mesh bed leveling was quite easy. But babystepping does not work on the I2S stream now, so that is a bit of a bummer. (Picture above is an Ender-3 with a quick "first layer test" after completing the manual mesh bed leveling.)

The MRR ESPA, which does not support LCD controller, can do manual mesh bed leveling too over the webUI. Just a bit less reactive since a gcode needs to be sent for each step of correction. Still, with macros on the webUI, this can be less of a hassle than actually keying in gcode commands over the serial terminal in the webUI.

I took time to do manual mesh bed leveling for the modified FLSun Cube too.
Same gcode file for the "first layer test" on the bigger bed of the modified FLSun Cube, but I think it is enough to satisfy me that the manual mesh bed leveling was done properly.

No comments: