Friday, January 31, 2014

Welcoming the year of the Horse

The year of the Horse is here again! Wishing everyone a good year ahead. May fortune smile on you, and success come your way!





According to the fortune teller, this is not going to be a lucky year for me. So for myself, I just hope that I will be able to live peacefully through the days, and get by the year without ups and downs.

Anyway, did the usual walk around the floral centre nearby. This year, things are a lot quieter. The crowd was less, the atmosphere not as lively. It has been like this since they converted half of the floral centre into an open air car park, leaving half the shops in place. I wonder how long things can last... it is a bit sad, since Chinese New Year's Eve brings back a lot of memories about how I used to help out at the shop. Selling plants, helping out with the last-minute deliveries. I miss riding at the back of a lorry in the middle of the night as we did our delivery rounds. Time really flies by.

No comments: