Thursday, June 23, 2011

Fedora 15 installed!


I finally installed Fedora 15, almost a month after it was released.

And immediately regretted it... the desktop is very much different from Fedora 14, because F15 uses GNOME 3 while F14 used GNOME 2. Now, the challenge is to see how I can get back as much of the look and feel of GNOME 2 with GNOME 3...

Maybe I will switch to using KDE instead...

Home of the Fedora Project
You can get the latest Fedora release here.
Fedora Project at Wikipedia
GNOME at Wikipedia

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just today installed Fedora 15, moving from Fedora 14. I too hate the new look and feel, and would like to get regain the old looks. If you find out how to do this, please do post the instructions for the benefit of kindred souls. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I just discovered this:

https://piecesoflint.wordpress.com/2011/04/06/how-to-tweak-gnome-3-to-your-needs/