Saturday, September 04, 2010

A journey of self-discovery

Sometimes, it is good to take a journey on your own, to discover yourself again. After all, when things happen so fast in life, it is easy to get caught up in things, to end up going with the flow and in the process, losing oneself. Who am I? What do I want? What do I like/dislike? What do I value?

I know I like something because I tried it. I know I dislike something because I tried it. I know that sometimes, even when I dislike something, I will still do it because I see the need for it. In the process of doing things on the journey of self-discovery, you learn a lot more about yourself than you would otherwise.

The journey need not be a physical one. It can be just a conscious effort for one to actively ask himself, what is it that I want? What is it that I like/dislike? Even in our everyday life, if we actively ask ourselves these questions in our daily actions, it serves as a journey of self-discovery too.

No comments: