Saturday, June 12, 2010

Homesick... Not!

Have you ever been away from home for long? Do you feel homesick?

I wonder why people feel homesick. It is usually something quite foreign to me. Maybe because I am used to being away from home. And having a wife who can take care of herself and the family helps. I know things back home are in good hands and thus I am not worried. It frees me to go and focus on the job at hand, and to enjoy whatever little free time is left (after all that work).

Yes, of course I miss the family and friends, but I have also accepted the fact that I am away from home, and rather than dwell in misery, I choose to enjoy life instead, to live to the fullest. Dwell not in what you have lost, but bask in the enjoyment of what you can achieve. After all, the separation is but temporary, and absence does make the heart grow fonder.

No comments: