Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A trip down memory lane

On Chinese New Year's eve this year, I took a walk at the floral centre at Tampines Road, where my father used to have his shop (my uncle is running it now). It brings back memories of my younger days, when I would help out at the shop selling plants. Especially during the few weeks leading up to Chinese New Year, when we would be busy selling festive plants till late at night. It was usually the busiest on Chinese New Year's eve, where we would be selling plants till the wee hours, shouting "lelong lelong" as we cut the prices to clear stock. Besides selling plants, I would also help deliver them, sitting at the back of lorries as we whizzed through the roads at night delivering plants.
I haven't been doing this for many years now. Walking around and taking in the festive mood this year, I can't help but feel nostalgic about the memories of my younger days.

Sometimes, our roots run deep and hidden, that we ourselves may not be aware how deep they run.

No comments: