Friday, January 08, 2010

Too much good food

Too much of anything is never good.

Have you gotten sick (as in not wanting to eat anymore) from eating too much good food?

Over the new year, I was in Japan visiting the in-laws (photos will follow...) and they prepared a feast over the few days that we were there. Knowing I am a meat-lover, there was Japanese beef and pork and chicken... Japanese beef and pork is very fatty (and therefore very delicious) and I had so much that I ended up not wanting more... stopped halfway after eating too much shabu shabu, and couldn't finish my plate of stir-fried pork.

I guess moderation is everything. I am going to have to exercise a lot to get rid of all that fat consumed. The Japanese probably live long lives because they eat such good food in moderation (most of the time it is simple plain fare) and I guess I need to remind my in-laws that while I appreciate them doting on me, the healthier option may be the better option.

No comments: