Saturday, July 28, 2007

Wargame Construction Set

This is classic. Really. If you value hardcore computer wargaming, this is one game that you want to get your hands on.

Wargame Construction Set, by SSI, was the first computer game that I got. And it was because I love wargames. So, rather than buy different ones, my first thought was to buy something to make my own. I guess SSI must have the same idea too.

The only problem with this game is that it is very tedious to set up your own scenarios. Yes, the game comes with some scenarios, but you can always make your own. That is what this game is for, to make your own scenarios. You can adjust the firepower and survivability of units, change their graphics, modify the terrain, etc.

So the game is totally replayable. Even with the same scenario, you can always change tactics. Or modify the terrain to make the scenario more challenging. It is all up to you. That's the beauty of this game.

I don't think it is easy to find this game anymore, if you can find it, do let me know!

No comments: