Saturday, August 06, 2022

Short trip home

I recently took a short trip home. The main reason for the trip was that my grandmother passed away at the end of last year, and I couldn't go pay my last respects due to travel restrictions due to COVID-19. With restrictions slowly being lifted, I finally managed to get a ticket for a really short trip home.

Well, as a freelance translator, I can work anywhere with a stable Internet connection, so this wasn't really a holiday for me. A part of the time was spent working. Still, I managed to spend some time with the family, met the latest addition (my nephew was born a few days prior to my trip), and caught up with a few friends.

Plus eat.



And eat.












And bought a box of stuff.

Due to the fuel shortage driving up prices, the fuel surcharge for this air ticket was really high, making it an expensive trip back home. Hopefully, things get better and it will become cheap to travel back during off-peak seasons.

No comments: