Friday, October 15, 2021

Watching Dune (2021 movie) at a Dolby Cinema

Finally, I was able to watch the new Dune movie because it opened today in Japan. I was wondering if I should watch it on IMAX or Dolby Cinema, but went with Dolby Cinema because of my wonderful experience with Violet Evergarden The Movie (which was the first time I watched a movie at a Dolby Cinema).

The last time I went to a Dolby Cinema was more than eight months ago (when I caught Violet Evergarden The Movie to end off the Year of the Rat). So I was really looking forward to experiencing it again. And I must say, I was not disappointed.

With the epic scale of the story and action scenes, having Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos really makes the experience of catching Dune on the big screen worth it. Visually stunning, and audibly impactful. Unless you have a home theatre, otherwise, this is really a movie that needs to be enjoyed in a cinema.

I intend to watch it again at IMAX, just to see the difference. And then, I will write my thoughts on this movie.

Some of my past posts related to Dune.


😁

No comments: