Monday, June 28, 2021

Naming my scooter

After some thought, I have decided on a name for my Honda Giorno 50cc scooter.

This

is Vivi.

Not much of a surprise, since I mentioned I was printing a key tag for the scooter back in an earlier post.

But why Vivi?

In Violet Evergarden, Benedict calls Violet "Vi". So I just repeated "Vi" to arrive at "Vivi". Also, Vivi is read the same way as Vivy, the AI singer from the anime series Vivy -Fluorite Eye's Song- which I wrote about here.

As for the key tag, it is "Vivi" written in the Tellsis alphabet. I created fonts for the Tellsis alphabet to use in my Tellsis language translator apps (in Flutter and Python), and I thought I would put those fonts to use. By the way, the Flutter version of the app is recommended as it can be easily installed on Windows, Linux, and Android. The Python version is recommended if you know how to run Python programs/scripts on your platform.

My thoughts (review?) about Violet Evergarden The Movie, my (unofficial) English translation of the booklet/novella Gilbert Bougainvillea and the Fleeting Dream, and other posts related to Violet Evergarden.

No comments: