I was reminded that this blog was created in July 2006, 20 years ago. So I thought it would be a good idea to do a recap of what happened to this blog over those 20 years.
Even before Teck's Treehouse, I already had a presence on the Internet, with my own home page hosted somewhere else. It was all done by hand, each line written in HTML using a text editor, so when blogs started becoming popular, I was very excited about how easy it was to create my own home page. I found Blogspot and created my own blog, intending for it to be a place to share my thoughts, taiji stuff, and the occasional catch report from fishing.
I soon realised that the taiji stuff would probably expand a lot, due to my high level of devotion to this martial art, and it would be a good idea to have a dedicated blog for it. It also prompted me to create another blog for my catch reports. Since blogs can be created for free on Blogspot, I promptly created two more blogs, and shifted the posts to them.
The first was My Taiji Journal for recording my taiji journey.
The other was Learning to Fish in Singapore (which then became Learning to Fish in Singapore and Japan after I moved to Japan).
Anyway, back to Teck's Treehouse. This blog started as a place to share my thoughts, note down miscellaneous stuff, and write about things that interest me. Such interests include books that I read, movies and TV shows that I watched, songs that I like, and games that I played. I wrote about some of the old games that I played, which would today be considered kind of ancient. Having been a Linux user for a long time, I also had posts about open source software. There was also a time when I traveled more, so I shared about my travels. As a programmer, I also wrote posts about programming, mostly about the languages that I used and sometimes code.
After moving to Japan, I got into 3D printing, and even wrote about the 3D printer control board that I designed. I also started sharing some thoughts about machine learning and AI when deep learning started to bloom. When I came across the Violet Evergarden series, I started writing many, many posts about it, including my own fan translations of short stories and such. I also wrote a bit about my scooter (which I named Vivi), and my ventures into creating a homelab. Although I have posted my calligraphy works from the start, I became more frequent in writing about calligraphy and sharing my works in the past few years, when my teacher retired and I had to continue on this learning journey alone.
Looking back, this blog has kind of served its original purpose, and I intend to continue writing it, adding to what I have already blogged about, and maybe expanding it with more stuff if I find other things that interest me in the future.
Thank you for reading my blog, and I hope you will come back again.
🙇




No comments:
Post a Comment