Monday, September 25, 2023

The start of Suzume's adventure

Today is the first day of Suzume's adventure in the movie Suzume. I first got a hint about the date when I noticed the spider lilies in the movie, which then led to the moon (the adventure ended on a day with a full moon). This led me to find out the full moon in autumn when spider lilies bloom in 2023 (the year the movie is set in) and I ended up with the date 29 September 2023. Working back, I arrived at 25 September 2023. You can read more about it here "Diving into Suzume no Tojimari".

So I went out to look for spider lilies today.
 
And yes, they were indeed blooming.

The movie is back in Japanese theatres for a limited period to commemorate the Blu-ray release and coincide with the period featured in the movie.

Hopefully, the weather is good this Friday when the moon is full. 😊


No comments: