Saturday, December 03, 2022

Catching Suzume no Tojimari for the third time

I wasn't really intending to, but they were handing out this new "Shinkai Makoto Book 2" to those who watch Suzume no Tojimari from today, so I made my way to the theatre. 😅
And yup, got my copy of the booklet.
 
Today was actually the day that The First Slam Dunk opens in Japanese theatres. I am not sure if Toho (the distributor for Suzume no Tojimari) was intentionally trying to draw the crowd away from a Slam Dunk movie. But the theatre was really packed with people queuing up to buy Slam Dunk merch, so I guess even handing out the booklet didn't draw fans away from Slam Dunk. Still, there were many many people in the theatre with me watching Suzume no Tojimari, even those the movie is already into its fourth week.

The booklet does include more details behind the story, and I will be updating my post that goes into the details of the movie.
 
This is actually the third time I am watching this movie, the first at IMAX on the movie's opening day in Japan, the second when there was a live stream of a stage greeting event. Instead of crying less... I think I cried even more at the end this time. While I didn't cry anywhere near the number of times I cried when watching Violet Evergarden The Movie, the final part of the movie really got to me. I was really worried that I would have swollen eyes when walking out of the theatre. Maybe I should watch it again... 🤔
😅

No comments: