Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Got the Lenovo Ideapad Y500

Old news... but just to let everyone know, I got the Lenovo Ideapad Y500 at the recent (okay, not so recent) computer fair (early June).

It was a good deal. First, it was the new Y500, which came with a Nvidia GT750M (2GB) instead of the GT650M. And, it came with a second GT750M (2GB) that could be slotted in to make it a dual graphics card setup using SLi. Plus the dealer gave me a DVD drive and an additional CPU fan (both are interchangeable with the second graphics card). So I get to choose if I need extra graphics processing, a DVD drive, or just keeping the computer cool. Most of the time, I just use the DVD drive.

Another deal was the RAM upgrade to 16GB. That's 8GB on top of the original setup of 8GB.

What made me really want this was the full HD display of 1920x1080 pixels. That's a sharper screen with a lot more real estate on a 15.6" screen.

And... I managed to get Windows 8 running together with Linux Mint 15. :) That made my day.

No comments: