Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Trying to get the Blackberry Bold 9700

It's amazing how difficult it can be to get a phone from Singtel. You would expect that this big telco in Singapore would have gotten its act together to make sure it maintains its market share given the competition, yet that doesn't seem to be the case. Not that the service is bad, but maybe it is the way they conduct business.


I was trying to get a Blackberry Bold 9700 over the weekend. Visited the nearest shop on Saturday, and after waiting an hour at the counter, was finally told by the staff that they are out of stock. I was referred to another shop, which supposedly (according to the staff) has stock available. But it was already late so I decided to go on Sunday instead.

Before going down on Sunday, I decided to give Singtel a call to confirm that they did have stock at this other shop. The staff on the helpline wasn't able to help me with this... she said she will call me back, but she didn't (until today). I called again, this time, I was told that the phone is out of stock.

I emailed them to ask when new stock is coming in, and as of now, still have yet to get an answer. It is amazing that such a big telco doesn't have a proper inventory system that keeps track of what it has in stock and when new stock is arriving.

No comments: