Monday, July 27, 2009

Going out with my son

Today was the first time I brought my son on my own... usually, we go out as a family, though even when we go out together, I usually volunteer to bring him around while my wife roams the shopping centre. While sometimes I take care of him at home when my wife goes out to shop, today was the first time that I actually brought him out of the house on my own.

We went to my friend's place for a gathering of secondary school friends. People whom I have known for more than 15 years. Quite interesting to be able to meet up once in a while to see how we are all getting along. Plus of course, to introduce "new members" like wives, girlfriends and kids.

Everyone was quite surprised that my son is actually quite okay with strangers, and took turns carrying him. And of course, we all know that he is big... my friend's son is 6 months older, but only 1kg heavier!

Going out with my son was a good chance for me to get to know him better, to know his needs and how to answer them (bottle? diaper? sleepy? attention?) The next step is bringing him to my taiji classes...

No comments: