Saturday, November 29, 2008

MINDS - Movement for the Intellectually Disabled of Singapore


I had a chance to do some volunteering today, for MINDS (aka Movement for the Intellectually Disabled of Singapore). One of my seniors (old boy) from my university used to work as senior management at MINDS, but I never had the chance to work with them until today. It was indeed an eye-opener to see how the staff at MINDS work, and how we volunteers can do our parts, no matter how small it may be. Just spending time with the people at MINDS can help elevate the burden placed on the small number of staff there, as well as make the day more interesting. It made me think about how fortunate I am that I and those around me are without handicaps. And while it may be hard to fathom what they are thinking, and sometimes we are just lost as to how to handle them, it is a lesson in life that we must always be ready to give what we can to help those in need.

No comments: