Thursday, November 08, 2007

Service?

My wife was telling me about the security at our place today. She was trying to use the sauna 15 minutes before it closes, and the security guard in charge of the sauna facilities kept stressing to her that he wants to get off work on time (facilities open till 10pm), that he wants to lock up everything in time.

When my wife got out of the sauna, just before 10pm, all the lights for the other facilities were off, their doors were locked, and the security guard was waiting with his bag at his counter. I think it was plain rude. After all, if facilities are open till 10pm, it means people get to use them until 10pm, after which the staff comes in to clear up and lock up.

There was a short thank-you note in the papers today, praising the service at Tao's, a local restaurant. I have been there once, and while the food may not be the best in the world, their service is good, at least in Singapore. I guess this is because their boss (a good friend of my brother) personally interviews the staff to ensure that he gets the correct people. If you notice, his service staff aren't Singaporeans. I guess that says a lot about the kind of service that we can expect from fellow Singaporeans.

No comments: